< May, 2013 >
|What to do? (children)
What to do? (children)
What should you do if you are being bullied?
There are lots of different things that you can try to do if you are being bullied. The most important message to remember is:
Don't remain in silence - tell somebody that you trust!
Other things that you can do to try and stop bullying are:
· Tell your teacher
· Tell your parent(s)
· Tell your brother or sister if you have one
· Tell a friend that you trust & you think will help you
· Try and make out to the bully(s) that you are not bothered by what they are doing
· If you feel strong enough, stand up to the bully and tell them to stop
· Try and make new friends who might help you out
· Self defence lessons
· Self-esteem work
What you should try NOT to do if you are being bullied:
· Fight back with the bully especially if they are stronger than you
· Blame yourself for being bullied
· Stay off school and pretend that you are ill
· Start crying in front of the bully
· Ignore the bully and laugh at them
· Call the bully names and make fun of them back
If you are a BULLY, think about the reasons why you are bullying:
· Think about better ways to have fun - How would you feel if you were the victim?
· Think about whether your friends really do like you or admire what you are doing.
· Is there anything going on in your life that makes you bully others?
· Are you aware of how you are making the victim feel and the consequences of your behaviour on other people?
Created on 09/15/2006 11:42 AM by ecirweb
Updated on 09/15/2006 11:44 AM by ecirweb