The 10th conference on Formal Grammar
and The 9th Meeting on Mathematics of Language (FG-MOL
Short Description:The 10th conference on Formal
Grammar and The 9th Meeting on Mathematics of Language will
be held in Edinburgh from August 5-th to August 7-th 2005.
FG-MOL provides a forum for the presentation of new and
original research on formal grammar, mathematical
linguistics and the application of formal and mathematical
methods to the study of natural language.
Themes of interest include, but are not limited to,
Previous conferences in this series have welcomed papers
from a wide variety of frameworks.
- formal and computational phonology, morphology,
syntax, semantics and pragmatics;
- model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in
- logical aspects of linguistic structure
- constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to
- learnability of formal grammar
- integration of stochastic and symbolic models of
- foundational, methodological and architectural issues
- mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to
ESSLI 2005 will be hosted in the Riccarton campus in beautiful Edinburgh
during the impressive festive
month. 5 major festivals are taking place in August.