Chris Eilbeck - Cine films Home Page
List of computer-produced cine films (in .wmv format):
and bions in nonlinear optics,
- 6 mins. white on blue,
with sound (1973) [23.4Mb]
- (The name "bion" never caught on -
nowadays this would be called a "breather"). The first part of the
film shows (exact) solutions of the Self-Induced Transparency (SIT)
equations, the second shows (exact) solutions of the Reduced
Maxwell-Bloch (RMB) equations. See J. Phys. A., 6, 1337-1347
(1973). The solutions of the RMB equations can easily transformed
into solutions of the sine-Gordon (SG) equation.
Numerical solutions of the Regularized Long Wave
- 3 mins. colour, silent (1975) [9.3Mb]
RLW equation is modified version of the KdV equation, and solutions at
this resolution would look very similar, except for the square wave
initial conditions. Also called the BBM (Benjamin, Bona and Mahony)
equation). See J. Comp. Phys. 23, 63-73 (1977)..
- Boomerons and Zoomerons,
mins. white/blue, silent (1977) [30.1Mb and 22Mb]
- See papers by
Calogero and Degasperis: Lettere al Nuovo Cimento
16 425-433, 434-438, 1976).
- Two dimensional
- 4 mins. white/blue, silent (1978). [22.6Mb]
- (Mostly on solutions of the KP equation, see Freeman N.C.,
Proc. Roy. Soc. A, 366, 185-204, 1979).
evolution on single and coupled nerve fibres,
- 6 mins.
white/blue, silent (1979) [14.8Mb]
Bull. Math. Biol. 43, 389-400 (1981)
- A mathematical model for pattern
formation in biology,
- 6 mins. white/blue, silent (1980)
- See Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 3, 439-456
solitons on the α-helix,
- 6 mins. white/blue,
silent (1980) [43.8Mb]
- (see Scott, A.C., Physica D, 51,
- 12 mins. colour, with sound (1981)
- (A film made to show at an ATLAS lab open day,
highlighting the work made using the FR80 graphics device).
- (with P S Lomdahl), l4 mins. white/blue,
with sound (1982) [65.8Mb].
- (see Nuovo Cim. 25B, 497-512
(1975), Appl. Phys. Lett. 39, 108-110 (1981),
Phys. Lett. 87A, 1-4 (1981)).
interactions in the φ^4 model,
- 5 mins.
white/blue, silent (1982) [26.4Mb].
- (See R K Dodd, J C
Eilbeck, J D Gibbon, and H C Morris, Solitons and Nonlinear
Wave Equations, pp 640, London: Academic Press, 1982, Ch 10).
--> Chris Eilbeck's home page
Chris Eilbeck / Heriot-Watt University /J.C.Eilbeck at
hw.ac.uk / tel. +44 (0)131 451 3220