- October 2019: I am now co-leader of SICSA's Theory, Modelling and Computation theme.
- September 2019: We are organizing INSPIRE 2019, the fourth event in the INSPIRE series by ACM-W UK. More information about the event and how to register is here
- June 2019: I am attending the SICSA funded Robotics Lab Research Open Day at Heriot Watt University. Please check here for details of the event.
- June 2019: I am invited to take part in the workshop on Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases . See the following event information from ICMS.
- June 2019: I am inviolved in The Second AI in Health & Care Study Group with Industry. More information about the study group is available here: from KTN Innovate UK. "
- 2018: The special issue on Ambient Assisted Living and Ambient Intelligence for Health, for which I was a guest editor, is out. A selection of great articiles is here
My research is in the area of applications of formal methods to program analysis, knowledge and data representation, and security. I am broadly interested in the limits of computational reasoning and of using exisiting tools to push these.
I have supervised PhD students in the following areas:
If you are interested in working with me as a research student or visitor, please get in touch.
- Program analysis
- Knowledge representation
- Modelling of and reasoning about process properties
- Natural language processing. Data mining and disambiguation
- Security of multi-channel wireless networks
- Haskell distributed parallel haskell
ACM women UK
I am the co-founder and the current treasurer of the UK chapter ACM women. See here for the activities of the chapter.
- Software Development
- Rigorous Methods for Software Engineering
- Technology in Society
- Research methods and dissertation