Documents & Links for F21MA – 3D Modelling & Animation
- Module descriptor: F21MA1
- Four examples of students’ projects
- Mike’s references to Adobe’s documentation
- Mike’s Videos
Keith Peters, “Foundation Actionscript 3.0 Animation: Making Things Move!”
This is the main text for this part of the course. It has step-by-step ActionScript examples for bouncing, easing, springing, collisions, forward kinematics (making things walk etc.).
See http://www.friendsofed.com for e-copy and to download sources.
David Gassner “Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Bible” Wiley
Easy to read tutorial style book. Good section on starting with FlashBuilder 4 (especially if you don’t know Eclipse). Good background if you want to build Flex applications in general.
Basic Physics and Motion
- Classical mechanics - (Wikipedia)
- Mass-spring-damper system (theory for 2nd order dynamics – Wikipedia)
- Nice article about using motion in user interfaces: Designing for Flex – Part 6: Guidingwith motion
Video Tutorials (other folks i.e. not Mike’s)
- Creating a helloWorld program: “Create a New Flex Project in Flash Builder 4”
- Adobe has a Flex in a Week video training site. I found these a bit frustrating – in terms of finding out the bits that were useful and the speed at which they went.
- Using Flash Builder (19:22) is perhaps a useful guide around Flash Builder.
Are available via Vision