Course co-ordinator(s): Dr Michela Ottobre (Edinburgh).
The main focus of the course is on independent learning. The course will help the students to
• Develop analytical skills
• Deepen and broaden their knowledge of linear algebra and analysis (in particular, the course will build on the content of Linear Algebra (F18CF) and Calculus B (F17CB)
• Apply the acquired mathematical tools to real life problems
• Improve their communication skills, with emphasis on communicating mathematical ideas with a significant technical content
• Work both individually and in a group
• Understand and construct rigorous mathematical arguments
Further information: Syllabus, Number of lectures, Assessment, Learning Outcomes.
SCQF Level: 8.