All students who are sponsored under the UKVI Tier 4 student visa scheme are required to check-in using the SafeZone smartphone App
Please do the following:
- Download the SafeZone app to your smartphone as soon as possible, it is available here: https://www.hw.ac.uk/services/safety-security/safezone.htm
- Register on the app using your Heriot-Watt email address (not a personal email address)
- Tier 4 students are required to use the ‘check-in’ and ‘check-out’ functions at least once each week (except for vacations, placements, authorised absences and certified sickness).
- Students should ‘check-in’ when they arrive at a lecture, tutorial, seminar or other timetabled academic session and ‘check-out’ at the end of that session.
- PGR students can check in and out from their designated desk, office, lab, PGR support office or their supervisor’s office if they don’t have a timetabled session during a week.
- Check your Heriot-Watt email account frequently for further updates and information
Tier 4 attendance recording is an important part of your Tier 4 visa conditions, and checking-in each week demonstrates to UKVI that you are a genuine student and engaged with your studies at Heriot-Watt University. Further information and FAQs are available on the Student Portal.