Advanced Database Systems F24DS2/F29AT2
- The slides on data quality and data cleaning: (lectures on Monday 27th Feb 2006):
ADB_DC1.ppt ; and ADB_DC2.ppt
- The slides on data mining: (lectures on Monday March 6th 2006):
ADB_DM1.ppt ; and ADB_DM2.ppt
- The classic paper on the Apriori algorithm:
- A page of links to various tutorials related to data mining algorithms:
- A tutorial on high performance data mining: pdf
- A tutorial on rule induction: pdf
- A survey of evolutionary algorithms in data mining
- The UCI Repository
is an excellent source of many interesting datasets that are used for testing various
new and old ideas for data mining algorithms.
- If you want to do an MSc project on data mining with me, I would like projects that
investigated evolutionary algorithms (see this rough primer )
for evolving interesting rules. E.g. a good project could be to investigate variants of
the type of algorithm discussed in the survey by Freitas (see above) on test data
from the UCI repository (see above).
This page last updated: just now.