I am an Associate Professor (Reader) in the School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. I am a member of the dependable systems group. This is my personal homepage. My business page is here and my Pure profile is here.
My research interests cover programming languages, parallel computation, foundations of programming, and symbolic computation. My focus area is the implementation of parallel functional languages. For more detail, see my page on research interests and vision or my biography.
SICSA MultiCore Challenge
I am coordinating the SICSA MultiCore Challenge an effort in comparing different languages/systems for parallel computation on (networks of) multi-cores, by implementing several benchmarks applications.
Heriot-Watt University is hosting the 2nd International Summer School on Advances in Programming Languages, 19th-22nd August, 2014.
Consider submitting to one of these upcoming events (see also these past events):
- PASCO'17: International Workshop on Parallel Symbolic Computation (PASCO), Kaiserslautern, Germany, July 23-24, 2017.
- SAC'17: Symposium on Applied Computing, April 3-7th, Marrakech, Morocco.
- RAC'16: Workshop on Resource Aware Computing, April 2nd, 2016, Eindhoven. Part of ETAPS'16 April 2nd-8th.
- SAC'16: Symposium on Applied Computing, April 4-8th, Pisa, Italy.
- Lambda Days Feb 16-18, 2016, Krakow, Poland.
Courses (see this page on courses at Heriot-Watt):
- Linux Introduction
- F28HS2: Hardware-Software Interface (Vision)
- F21DP2: Parallel and Distributed Technology (also on Vision)
- F21SC1: Industrial Programming (Vision)
- F21CN1: Computer Network Security (also on Vision)
- F28DA1: Data Structures and Algorithms (also on Vision)
- Advanced Functional Programming, SS 2009
- Seminar: Program Analysis, SS 2009
- Proof-carrying-code (including an extended reading-list), part of a course on Formal Methods in Software Development
- Compilerbau, WS 2007/08
- Seminar Programmiersprachentheorie, SS 2007
- Compilerbau, WS 2005/06
- Functional Languages, part of a course on Programming Languages
Unless arranged otherwise, I can be contacted in my office, Thursday 2:15-3:15pm.
My Office Address:
School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AS Scotland, U.K. Room: G48 Tel.: +44 131 451 3421 ☎ Fax: +44 131 451 3327 Skype: hwloidl URL: http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~hwloidl Email: h . w . loidl | at | hw PUNKT ac PUNKT uk Heriot-Watt Riccarton Campus Map or HWU map with directions.
Everything in this section falls outside the responsibility of Heriot-Watt University.