Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find my examination results?

Exam Results can be found on Student Self Service (accessed via MyHWU Student Portal)

Where can I find my course materials?

All course materials can be found on Canvas

Can I use a dictionary in exams?

No see HWU Policy on use of dictionaries in exams

Can I use a calculator in exams?

Where a calculator is required for the completion of an examination, a student may use any basic scientific calculator, except the following: graphics calculator, programmable calculator and a calculator which features text storage or retrieval facilities.

Can I view my examination scripts?

As part of the University’s policy on providing feedback to students, students can request an opportunity to view their examination script(s). However, you cannot query academic judgement in the allocation of marks. This access to scripts is in addition to the general feedback material that is made available on Canvas.

Please contact your Course Leader to arrange.

Where can I find IT help ?

Local facilities for Edinburgh CS Students: See MACS IT Frequently Asked Questions

All other students: See Information Services

How do I find out who is my personal tutor?

You can find out who is your Personal Tutor in your Student Portal.  If this information is missing, please raise an enquiry through MyHWU or contact below: