Change of Course

You can swap optional courses via your Student Portal, provided you have met any pre-requisites for the course you wish to swap to. If you have not met the pre-requisites, please use the form above and have it signed off by either your Year Co-ordinator (undergraduate students) or your Programme Director (postgraduate students) and then return it to for processing.  You can change courses up to the end of week 2 of each semester.

Programme Transfer

Programme Transfer (research)

Thinking of Leaving

If you are considering leaving the University, please consult our Thinking Of Leaving web pages for help and advice.  You should also speak to your Personal Tutor.

Amending Your Enrolment

Details for undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research students to extend/suspend their studies.

Temporary Suspension of Study

You can now apply for a Temporary Suspension of Study (TSS) via your Student Portal. You should speak to your personal tutor or programme director, but you can also contact the Thinking of Leaving service.

It is essential that you seek advice to find out what impact a TSS will have on your own situation – for example your academic performance, financial situation and your student or immigration status.

Confirming your student status and requesting a transcript

Current students at the Edinburgh Campus should complete the relevant form and submit it to the Student Service Centre

Mitigating Circumstances

If you have been affected by Mitigating Circumstances in relation to assessment, you can now apply on-line via Student Self Service.  Please do not submit paper/electronic copies of forms as we will be unable to process these.

Request to View Examination Script

As part of the University’s policy on providing feedback to students, students can request an opportunity to view their examination script(s) and should contact the Course Leader at the relevant campus. You cannot query academic judgement in the allocation of marks.  Access to scripts is in addition to the general feedback material that is made available on Vision.

Student Academic Appeals

Computer Regulations