Investigate Computer Graphics theory and develop programming skills in 2D/3D Graphics and Animation.
Course Description: Link to Official Course Descriptor.
Location: Dubai, Edinburgh.
- Computer Graphics concepts and practical introduction to Graphics Programming.
- Vertices, triangles, meshes, display lists and models.
- Hierarchical modelling and scene graphs understanding and representation.
- 2D and 3D transformations, homogeneous co-ordinates, matrices multiplication.
- Model, world, camera, scene and projection spaces.
- Instancing and tessellation.
- Materials, texture mapping and shading.
- Lighting and global illumination models.
- Shadows, occlusions and reflections.
- Real-time and offline rendering pipelines.
- Basics of procedural and physical animations.
- Animation systems and concepts.
- Animation skeletons, poses, clips, skinning and blending.
- Tools, environments, coding practices and industrial applications.
Course summary and review.
Learning Outcomes: Subject Mastery
- Understanding and categorising Computer Graphics concepts.
- Ability to identify core 3D elements and structures.
- Investigation of scene graphs, hierarchical models, and spaces.
- Understanding and research into transformations, modelling, and projection concepts.
- Ability to contrasts different material, lighting and shadowing models.
- Develop and implement animation concepts and systems.
- Ability to design, understand and implement a small-scale rendering and animation system.
Learning Outcomes: Personal Abilities
- Ability to think, plan, and construct in three dimensions.
- Representation of, planning for, and solution of problems.
- Ability to plan, design and implement a rendering and animation system.
- Skills integrating graphics and animation in various industries.
Class Test 40%
SCQF Level: 10.