Development of project research method and requirement analysis skills
Course Description: Link to Official Course Descriptor.
Location: Dubai, Edinburgh, Malaysia.
- Requirements analysis of software development project.
- Researching current state of art in this area.
- Library resources and their use, Web and online database searching.
Learning Outcomes: Subject Mastery
Understanding, Knowledge and Cognitive Skills Scholarship, Enquiry and Research (Research-Informed Learning)
- Understanding of research or development based problem related to a substantial software development topic
- Requirements specification and background research skills for it
- Ability to plan a significant project of research, investigation or development
Learning Outcomes: Personal Abilities
Industrial, Commercial & Professional Practice Autonomy, Accountability & Working with Others Communication, Numeracy & ICT
- Ability to research and undertake critical review and evaluation of data and supplied literature
- Project planning skills
- Written communication skills
- Time management
Assessment Methods: Due to covid, assessment methods for Academic Year 2021/22 may vary from those noted on the official course descriptor. Please see:
- Maths (F1) Course Weightings 2021/22
- Computer Science (F2) Course Weightings 2021/22
- AMS (F7) Course Weightings 2021/22
SCQF Level: 10.