Course co-ordinator(s): Dr. Sasa Radomirovic (Edinburgh).
- To introduce students to the cutting edge of research in their field, using the guidance and expertise of active research groups.
- To provide students with an opportunity to create and deliver a master-class on a topic to their peers.
Course Description: Link to Official Course Descriptor.
Location: Dubai, Edinburgh.
- Investigate a topic proposed and supervised by an academic
- Develop training/teaching materials (lectures/labs/etc)
- Self study
Learning Outcomes: Subject Mastery
Understanding, Knowledge and Cognitive Skills Scholarship, Enquiry and Research (Research-Informed Learning)
- Demonstrate advanced, critical knowledge of a specialist area of software engineering/computer science.
- Apply appropriate technologies to develop and deliver learning materials on this topic.
- Demonstrate an awareness of current and emerging applications of, and alternatives to, the chosen topic.
- Provide appropriate answers to questions posed by peers on the chosen topic.
- Critically reflect on feedback provided by peers on the delivered learning materials.
Learning Outcomes: Personal Abilities
Industrial, Commercial & Professional Practice Autonomy, Accountability & Working with Others Communication, Numeracy & ICT
- Critically evaluate, review, analyse and organise complex, ambiguous and unreliable information sources.
- Develop original and creative solutions to, and judgements on, open-ended problems.
- Make presentations of complex material to professional audiences
Assessment: Coursework: (weighting – 100%)
Re-assessment: Coursework: (weighting – 100%)
SCQF Level: 11.