- To consolidate multimedia design, prototyping and implementation skills through a realistic project.
- To develop an appreciation and experience of group processes
Course Description: Link to Official Course Descriptor.
Pre-requisites: F27IS Interactive Systems, F27WD Web Design & Databases.
Location: ALP, Edinburgh.
- Introduction to multimedia scenarios and prototyping
- Introduction to group processes
- Conduct multimedia project in structured stages: develop scenario, construct/evaluate prototype, iterative refinement to implementation, documentation, evaluation
Learning Outcomes: Subject Mastery
Understanding, Knowledge and Cognitive Skills Scholarship, Enquiry and Research (Research-Informed Learning)
- To integrate multimedia design and programming knowledge
- To develop proficiencies in multimedia application design
Learning Outcomes: Personal Abilities
Industrial, Commercial & Professional Practice Autonomy, Accountability & Working with Others Communication, Numeracy & ICT
- To gain practical experience of design, integration and coordination in the context of a realistic project
- To acquire group work skills (PDP)
- Developing personal responsibility for managing projects and updating module co-ordinator on progress (PDP)
- Understanding different perspectives on a project (PDP)
Assessment: Coursework: (weighting – 100%)
Re-assessment: Coursework: (weighting – 100%)
SCQF Level: 8.