Course co-ordinator(s): Dr Lehel Banjai (Edinburgh).
The aims of this module are:
• Develop understanding of continuous random variables and simulation
• Develop ideas of Monte-Carlo simulations and convergence
• Develop Brownian motion and properties
• Develop stochastic integrals and calculus
• Introduce SDEs examples such as Langevin equations, Geometric Brownian motion and Ornstein-Uhlenbeck
• Introduce numerical methods for SDEs
• Introduce different notions of convergence for numerical methods
• Convergence of Euler--Maruyama
Course Description: Link to Official Course Descriptor.
Pre-requisite course(s): F11MT Modelling and Tools .
Assessment Methods: Due to covid, assessment methods for Academic Year 2021/22 may vary from those noted on the official course descriptor. Please see:
- Maths (F1) Course Weightings 2021/22
- Computer Science (F2) Course Weightings 2021/22
- AMS (F7) Course Weightings 2021/22
SCQF Level: 11.