Course co-ordinator(s): Dr Pamela Docherty (Edinburgh).
The main module aims are to give the students the opportunity to
• to tackle a variety of problems involving elementary mathematics
• to work as a member of a team
• to produce written reports
• to make presentations
In addition to the above the students will use Maple to develop skills in using modern algebraic manipulation systems as a tool for applying mathematics and performing mathematical experiments.
Course Description: Link to Official Course Descriptor.
Assessment Methods: Due to covid, assessment methods for Academic Year 2021/22 may vary from those noted on the official course descriptor. Please see:
- Maths (F1) Course Weightings 2021/22
- Computer Science (F2) Course Weightings 2021/22
- AMS (F7) Course Weightings 2021/22
SCQF Level: 7.