My research interests cover programming languages, parallel computation, foundations of programming, and symbolic computation. My focus area is the implementation of parallel functional languages. For more detail, see my page on research interests and vision or my biography.
SICSA MultiCore Challenge
I am coordinating the SICSA MultiCore Challenge an effort in comparing different languages/systems for parallel computation on (networks of) multi-cores, by implementing several benchmarks applications.
Consider submitting to one of these upcoming events (see also these past events):
- PLACES'14 Programming Language Approaches to Concurrency and communication-cEntric Software, April 2014, Grenoble, France (Workshop affiliated with ETAPS'14)
- TFP'14 The Fifteenth Symposium on Trends in Functional Programming will be held in Soesterberg, the Netherlands, May 26-28, 2014
- SBLP 2014 Brazilian Symposium on Programming Languages, Maceio, Brazil, September 28th to October 3rd, 2014. (A member of CBSoft joint conference)
Courses (see this page on courses at Heriot-Watt):
- F28DA1: Data Structures and Algorithms (also on Vision)
- F21CN1: Computer Network Security (also on Vision)
- F21DP2: Parallel and Distributed Technology (also on Vision)
- F21SC1: Systems Programming and Scripting (Vision)
- Advanced Functional Programming, SS 2009
- Seminar: Program Analysis, SS 2009
- Proof-carrying-code (including an extended reading-list), part of a course on Formal Methods in Software Development
- Compilerbau, WS 2007/08
- Seminar Programmiersprachentheorie, SS 2007
- Compilerbau, WS 2005/06
- Functional Languages, part of a course on Programming Languages
Unless arranged otherwise, I can be contacted in my office, Thursdays 2:15-3:15pm.
My Office Address:
School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AS Scotland, U.K. Room: G48 Tel.: +44 131 451 3421 Fax: +44 131 451 3327 Skype: hwloidl URL: http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~hwloidl Email: h w l o i d l | at | macs PUNKT hw PUNKT ac PNKT uk
Everything in this section falls outside the responsibility of Heriot-Watt University.