MACS School Office in Edinburgh is open from 9.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday, during semesters. Opening times will vary during the vacation periods.
The MACS School Office is located on the 1st floor of the Earl Mountbatten Building, EM 1.25. Email email@example.com
All students who are sponsored under the UKVI Tier 4 student visa scheme are required to check-in using the SafeZone smartphone App
Please do the following:
- Download the SafeZone app to your smartphone as soon as possible, it is available here: https://www.hw.ac.uk/services/safety-security/safezone.htm
- Register on the app using your Heriot-Watt email address (not a personal email address)
- Tier 4 students are required to use the ‘check-in’ and ‘check-out’ functions at least once each week (except for vacations, placements, authorised absences and certified sickness).
- Students should ‘check-in’ when they arrive at a lecture, tutorial, seminar or other timetabled academic session and ‘check-out’ at the end of that session.
- PGR students can check in and out from their designated desk, office, lab, PGR support office or their supervisor’s office if they don’t have a timetabled session during a week.
- Check your Heriot-Watt email account frequently for further updates and information
Tier 4 attendance recording is an important part of your Tier 4 visa conditions, and checking-in each week demonstrates to UKVI that you are a genuine student and engaged with your studies at Heriot-Watt University. Further information and FAQs are available on the Student Portal.